wyliekay

Those Across the River
Christopher Buehlman
Annie's Ghosts: A Journey Into a Family Secret
Steve Luxenberg
She's Come Undone - Wally Lamb 8.25.2020 Christ am I done with this book? It's like a train wreck that I can stop watching. Or in this case, reading. Basically, I hate the main character. There is nothing redeeming about this girl. She is a self-centered bitch of a brat. I loath her. So..really even if she turns the corner on her behavior in the next few chapters that are remaining. I still won't like her and since she is the main character...what's the point? I will finish and throw back in the Paperback Swap pile asap and get the stink out of my house. Wow! That review is a real downer huh?

8.27.2010
I finished. I don't know where to begin. My last progress thoughts on the book still stand. I hated the main character. I saw one other review here on GR say that this was the worst book ever read. I wouldn't say it was the worst, but I would put it in the "worst of" pile. I don't think the author ever got me to want to cheer her on through all her life troubles. It was a bummer to read and the ending was sharp flat. I am however glad to be done with this nightmare.